Hey Guys !! This will be a super quick post today !
I wanted to show you my gathered skirt that I made in a day !
Yes a DAY I tell you!! !
Funny thing is I originally had no plans to make anything this weekend … well at least not for me ! Today we had our Christmas program at the school that I work , so I spent most of the weekend making costumes for the (pics can be found on my Instagram account) program . It was not until I stumbled across this gorgeous Crepe at Joann\’s that I decided to make me a quick skirt for the program ( one perk of being able to sew your own clothes!.. )
This skirt was sooo simple to make …
1. I cut 2 panels the width of the fabric (front and back)
2. I then marked the length that I wanted down and cut
3. I cut my 2 waist band pieces 4 inches wide (waist measurement +1.25 inches), from fabric and ONE piece from interfacing.
4. I Interfaced on one piece of the waistband and then sewed them right sides together on ONE LONG end.
5. Next I turned the waistband right side out and pressed , leaving the bottom and ends unfinished .
**THIS PART IS OPTIONAL**
6. I used a pocket pattern piece from another pattern to create my pockets I cut 4 pieces from fabric..
7. I started my pockets at the top of my panel and sewed them to panel right sides together on a 3/8 inch seam then pressed them to the inside ( do this on both the front and back pieces )
**SKIP TO HERE IF NOT ADDING POCKETS ! **
8. I took my two panels after adding the pocket and sewed them together ( leaving space for the hand to go into the pocket ) on ONE SIDE . ( the other side I Installed a zipper before closing it up )
** Be sure to stitch around your pockets to close them up**
9. I gathered all my pieces until they fit around my waist band and sewed them together.
10. Finished the hem and WALA!!
I would say say in total it took me maybe 4 hours to finish her !
She was super easy and had a very dramatic look !
I love how this skirt turned out and WILL be making more !!
Until Next Time XOXOXO!!!