OK! so this dress was inspired by a style pantry dress that I saw, you can check her out HERE.
Here is the dress that inspired me :
I wanted to do this dress weeks ago but couldn\’t find a pattern that i could use. There was nothing out there that was even remotely similar to the dress.
I decided to use the below pattern and alter it:
I wasn\’t sold on the print so i decided to put some fabric that I found on the remnant table( yes, most my fabric comes from the remnant table ) to good use . The only problem with this fabric was that the print ran straight down the middle so i had to figure out how to get the most out of my fabric.
With the pattern I lengthen the arms and added 8 inches from the end of pattern. I got this number from measuring where the pattern would fall on my arm to where I wanted my CUFF to start. After I got that measurement i marked it on the fabric and cut. I made a 4inch wide cuff to add to the bottom of my sleeves. I also measured loosely( but not to loose) around my arm to get the width of the cuff. I added interfacing to JUST the cuff pieces to make sure that it sat firm around my arm. Lastly I added a button hole and button.
Once that was done I began work on the dress potion. I first measured from my waist ( between belly button and bottom of rib cage) down to the floor this was 44 inches i added a one inch hem allowance . I then measured from the waist mark on the pattern down 45\”inches and added a 5 inch spread( so that the dress would fall loose at the bottom ).
I hope that wasn\’t to confusing 🙂 … if so please comment below …
I love how the dress turned out and the fabric was a Silky print! It felt great and looked great.
Till next time !1 XOXOXO